Watch the video above for a half hour chat about dogs and new babies between Pete and Lottie, with her gorgeous little dog Boo taking part too.
The key points were the following:
- Remember that dogs don’t like sudden change – it should all be gradual
- Get Boo used to babies by introducing to babies that friends have had in the coming months
- Change Boo’s routine in advance – less attention, less time for walks etc – imagine the baby is there and adjust your routine accordingly
- Bring your baby’s blanket home from the hospital to introduce Boo to the scent before the real baby
- When the baby is home, remember that you can never leave Boo and baby alone unsupervised
Enjoy the video, and keep an eye out for our next one. Pete and Petfix are now doing live IGTV videos once or twice weekly. Follow @PetfixClub on Instagram to keep up to date with what’s going on.
Leave a Reply