Watch the video above for a half hour chat about dogs and new babies between Pete and Lottie, with her gorgeous little dog Boo taking part too.
The key points were the following:
- Remember that dogs don’t like sudden change – it should all be gradual
- Get Boo used to babies by introducing to babies that friends have had in the coming months
- Change Boo’s routine in advance – less attention, less time for walks etc – imagine the baby is there and adjust your routine accordingly
- Bring your baby’s blanket home from the hospital to introduce Boo to the scent before the real baby
- When the baby is home, remember that you can never leave Boo and baby alone unsupervised