Oliver is a sweet male French Bulldog, of almost 3 years of age.
- He arrived with us after his previous owner struggled to cope, and he is now looking for a calm and experienced new owner who has the time and patience to continue his training and build a connection with him.
- Oliver needs to be the only pet in a new household, but he can live with older children and teenagers – and ideally he needs someone around all day, so he wouldn’t suit a family where everyone is out at work or school all day every day. He gets agitated and frightened when alone, which can resort in him displaying destructive behaviour and self-mutilation.
- He also requires a lengthy walk of 1-2 hours per day, in a rural or semi-rural area where he will not meet a lot of other dogs – he can react boisterously to other animals and also traffic if they startle him.
- Oliver suffers from Atopic Dermatitis and has had an attempted Cleft Lip Repair, so will need his skin folds, chin and paws cleaned daily, as well as having regular baths and regular ear cleans.
- If anybody is interested in Oliver, they can call Mayhew Animal Charity on 020 8962 8000 to book an appointment to see him or visit themayhew.org for more information. Please be aware that if you are in rented accommodation, we will need to see proof that your landlord allows pets before we can accept your application to adopt.
Oliver featured in Pete’s column on Sunday 8th March 2020.