Fat dogs live sadder, shorter lives: the main message in today’s podcast is that you should keep them slim to make them happier and keep them alive for longer. Listen to the podcast below to find out more.
Image above: Lisa Cyr [CC BY 2.0 ], via Wikimedia Commons
For an online tool to assess your dog’s body condition score, see here.
Questions from listeners about pets.
- My dog refuses to go for walks. How can I make her?
- Why don’t greyhounds get fat?
- We have a four to five stone American Pitbull – he is just seven months old. Is this normal?
- I used to feed expensive grain-free kibble to my pet cats, but in an emergency I changed to a budget version and they seem to be thriving. What should I do?
- My seventeen year old cat sometimes screeches like a banshee. What could be causing this?
To find out the answers to these questions, listen to the podcast below.