This week, Pete the Vet on Newstalk’s Pat Kenny Show focussed on answering as many listeners’ queries as possible.
- Neil from Drumcondra has two dogs – Newfoundlands crossed with German Shepherds. One of them is aggressive to other dogs when out on walks, and Neil doesn’t know how to deal with this.
- Philip in Naas has a Cavalier King Charles who has a white discharge from both eyes which keeps coming back.
- Margaret says “My Dog has a very hoarse bark , now it’s getting worse , she did stay in a kennel for two weeks while we were away , I thought maybe she was barking a lot. can you help?”
- My dog has been bitten by ticks but I didn’t know what they were so didn’t remove them until yesterday. Should I take him to the vet?
- Sheila says “My 3yr old dog is scraping her tail along the ground, is there anything wrong?”
- I have a Westie whose anal sacs need drained every 2 – 3 weeks. I do this myself externally but should I go to the vet to get them expressed internally?
- Owen asked: Can you recommend a tame, calm outdoor dog? I previously had a Springer but he was a nightmare, rushing out in front of cars.
Pete’s answers are in the podcast.