When Katie-Jane brought Kayhla in to me for her vaccinations, the puppy had reddish-brown stains in the corner of each eye.
Claire sees some wild mammals, including rabbits, foxes badgers and even occasional deer where she lives.
Scout was seven years old when the cheeky rabbit arrived into his home.
Neo was Zoe’s first chinchilla – she bought him on his own. Neo settled in well to his new home, but he started to make strange calling noises – the type of sound that you might hear in the jungle.
Jessie is a typical puppy – full of energy and curiosity. She is at the stage of life where she is learning all the time, and recently, she had a lesson that she won’t forget for a long time.
Rabbits have featured in Lucy’s life for as long as she can remember.
Holly, a one year old female rabbit who had developed a swelling beneath her chin and she was behaving strangely.
Rabbits are increasingly popular pets in Ireland. They are intelligent, friendly characters that make a good alternative to a dog or cat as the main family pet.
Charley, a 3 year old female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who needed emergency treatment after eating a whole box of chocolates
“Death by chocolate” may be a popular name for sumptuous desserts in restaurants, but to my knowledge, a human has never died after eating too much of the stuff.
Thula, a two year old female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who dislocated her elbow during a game of football.
“Thula” means “stay quiet” in the Zulu language, a reminder of the Cahill’s time spent living in South Africa.
Millie is a lively, energetic dog. She is taken for a walk twice daily, and she loves to exercise. She rushes everywhere, never seeming to tire.
Fudge looks like a perfectly normal poodle, living a contented life as a small pet in the suburbs.
Dorothy had wanted a small white dog like a pedigree West Highland White Terrier, but she had heard that they were prone to skin problems.
Pooch, a seven year old female Jack Russell Terrier who had to have her front leg amputated due to a rare cancer in her elbow
When Geraldine noticed that Pooch’s left elbow had a small swelling bulging at the back, like a blister, she was not too worried. She brought Pooch to see me just to be safe.
Fiona and Adrian share their home with their three cats: Mark and Orla, who've been with them for over two years, and one-year-old Squeak, who’s seen as the young upstart by the older two animals.
Max, a one year old male Golden Retriever who developed a red sore rash around the back of his neck after a visit to a farm
Max loves his visits to the countryside. The Roberts family have regular get-togethers on a family farm, and Max meets up with one of Jackie’s sister’s dogs.
Lady, a five year old female terrier who developed severe gastroenteritis after eating a poisonous plant in the garden.
When Lady first brought up her dinner, Lesley-Ann was not too worried. Dogs are much quicker to be sick compared to humans, and there are many minor causes.
Fred, a seven year old West Highland White Terrier suffers from a serious allergic skin disease common in this breed of dog
In April, every year, Fred’s owner notices him beginning to lick his feet more than usual. He then starts to scratch his body, especially under his neck and around his ears.
Charlie, a 2 year old male Bichon Frise who had begun to hold his head to one side, and scratch his left ear.
The Bichon Frise is a breed that is becoming increasingly popular. In many ways, they are an ideal breed for a modern Irish household. They are small dogs, with a cheerful, good-natured disposition.